Morisons Solicitors MenuMenuNews, Views & Conversations Morisons Solicitors on Facebook Morisons Solicitors on Twitter

Aliment for spouses and civil partners

If you are married or in a civil partnership each party owes an obligation of aliment to the other up until the point of divorce or dissolution of the civil partnership.  In order to determine whether or not aliment should be paid, it is necessary to look to the respective needs and resources of the parties, their earning capacities and the general circumstances of the case.

Aliment for spouses and civil partners is treated separately to child maintenance and child aliment.

Please contact a member of the team on 0131 226 6541 or 0141 332 5666 for advice on aliment.


We offer an initial consultation with one of our expert family solicitors for a fixed fee of £250 plus VAT. During that meeting we will provide you with advice on your situation and your options going forward. For more information please contact a member of our expert team on 0131 226 6541 or 0141 332 5666


“Morisons’ experienced and professional team communicates in an effective and timely manner…” 

“…The team has a niche in surrogacy matters and also handles international child abduction cases alongside other family law work such as pre-nuptial, post-nuptial and cohabitation agreements…” Legal 500

< Back