Our Family Law Team has over 60 years’ experience advising clients on a wide range of family law issues including divorce, financial provision on divorce, dissolution of civil partners, prenuptial agreements, surrogacy and alternative methods of dispute resolution including collaborative law and arbitration.
The team benefits from two Law Society of Scotland Accredited Family Law Specialists, a Law Society of Scotland Accredited Child Law Specialist and all of our family lawyers are trained in Collaborative Law.
Family law and divorce experts
Our team is ranked in the Legal 500 for its expertise and it is one of the most experienced family law teams in Scotland. We have a proven track record of helping clients navigate difficult family situations and relationship crises, placing specific emphasis on protecting the interests of children. With offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow, we cover the whole of Scotland dealing with all aspects of family law.
Our family law services include:
- Dissolution of civil partnerships
- Financial provision on divorce and dissolution of civil partnerships
- Aliment for spouses and civil partners
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Residence and contact disputes in relation to children
- Cohabitation agreements
- Cohabitant claims on separation
- Cohabitant claims on death
- Relocation and specific issue orders in relation to children
- Cross border removal of children within the United Kingdom
- International child abduction
- International family law
- Registration and enforcement of orders under the Family Law Act 1986
- Alternative methods of dispute resolution including:
- Collaborative Law
Fixed fee consultation:
We offer an initial consultation with one of our expert family solicitors in Edinburgh or Glasgow for a fixed fee of £250 plus VAT. During that meeting we will provide you with advice on your situation and your options going forward.
Contact our family law solicitors in Edinburgh or Glasgow today
For more information and advice on any Family Law matters contact a member of our expert team on 0131 226 6541 (Edinburgh) or 0141 332 5666 (Glasgow) and we will be delighted to help. Alternatively please fill in our online contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
“Morisons’ experienced and professional team communicates in an effective and timely manner…”
“…The team has a niche in surrogacy matters and also handles international child abduction cases alongside other family law work such as pre-nuptial, post-nuptial and cohabitation agreements…” Legal 500